From Mimi at The Wounded Bird
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day.
3. You use 'fix' as a verb. Example: 'I'm fixing to go to the store '
4. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
5. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
6. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car...for your OWN car.
8. You only own five spices: Tony Chachere, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and ketchup.
9. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
10. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
11. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a little warm'.
12. You know all four seasons: Deer Season, Duck Season, Crawfish Season, Summer.
13. You know whether another LOUISIANIAN is from, north or south, as soon as they start talking (speaking).
14. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin Wal-martin'or'off to Wally World'?
15. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good gumbo weather. YEP!
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.Example: 'What kinda coke you want?' (Comment: I call them all soft drinks; Grandpère calls them soda pop.)
17. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
18. We don't need no stinking driver's Ed...if our mama says we can drive, we can drive.
19. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from LOUISIANA (and those who just wish they were).
Not EVERYONE can be a LOUISIANIAN, it's an art form and a gift from God.