Friday, July 11, 2008

Gerard Bowen, Jr running as Independent in 4th District

Gerard John Bowen Jr, candidate for the La. Congressional District 4 race, has decided to run as an Independent.

After careful prayer and consideration and lengthy discussions with my wife, supporters, and potential-supporters, I’ve decided to run in this race as an Independent. There were several factors that led to this decision:

1. Many people I have talked to have said that they were unhappy with the new partyprimary system in place for this year’s congressional race and feel that people should be able to vote for anyone regardless of party affiliation. By running as an Independent, that will allow anyone to vote for me, regardless of party affiliation.

2. Many people, including myself, are disenchanted with the 2-party system in general,and more specifically with the erosion of the conservative values that the Republican Party is supposed to represent.

3. As the only true outsider and the most conservative candidate in the race, I wanted the people to know that I am in this race to be the voice of the people and I’m not willing to tow a party-line just to get elected. I will not go to DC to make friends, I will go to make waves. I will stand for freedoms, smaller government, less spending, lower taxes, and my convictions will not be compromised by any political wheelings and dealings.For more information about me and my candidacy, please see my Official Campaign Website.

From My Bossier

4 comments:

June Butler said...

Someone should tell Bowen that it's "toe a party-line" unless he actually means tow a party-line behind him. Just sayin'. I guess the Republican Party could be a real drag at this point. When the conservatives get disgusted with the Republican Party, they are in bad trouble.

Jim said...

Mimi, he's a good guy - just a product of those Metairie schools & Tulane. You know how those New Orleans people are. (snicker)
He is a good conservative, a true conservative, not a neo-con. He believes in preserving our rights. I agree with him on a lot of things. Unfortunately, Paul Carmouche, the leading Dem, still hasn't put an issues section on his website. His campaign contacted me, but when I sent a little 'questionaire' he didn't respond.
I will probably go with Bowen, I'm not sure yet.

June Butler said...

Jim, actually I'm old enough to remember conservatives that I admired, conservatives who placed their principles above idealogy.

Anonymous said...

[b]hi, i found this web site and wonder if anyone had any experience or did buy cookbook software from them ?[/b]